FREQUENTLY Asked Questions

Which FDA office may an IRB contact to determine whether an investigational new drug application (IND) or investigational device exemption (IDE) is required for a study of a test article?

View All FAQs
About the Author
Proxima CRO Team
Stephanie Mull
Sr. Director of Clinical Operations
Stephanie has over 20 years of clinical research experience working from the site, CRO, and sponsor perspectives.
  • Drugs: contact the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Communications, Division of Drug Information at (301) 796-3400
  • Biological Products: contact the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), Office of Communication, Outreach and Development, at (800)-835-4709 or (301) 827-1800.
  • Medical Devices: contact the Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) Staff, Office of Device Evaluation, Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH), at (301) 796-5640.

Related FAQs:
More Questions? We're here to help!