Taylor Lunsford, MGA is a Business Development Associate II, Regulatory & Quality at Proxima Clinical Research, a contract research organization that serves the emerging drug and medical device industries.
He has contributed to a wide range of regulatory and clinical projects, including regulatory strategies, pre-submission meetings, clinical study synopses, and regulatory agency submissions.
Taylor is particularly experienced in working with wearables, machine learning, and innovative cardiovascular devices, but has worked with devices ranging from in vitro diagnostics and implantable devices to robotics and oncological devices. He is also familiar with the regulatory environments for medical devices in Japan, China and the European Union. Taylor is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and has a strong background in medical interpreting and translating medical documents. Before joining Proxima, Taylor served in the Army as an intelligence analyst, instructor, translator and small-unit leader.
University of Houston: History, B.A.
Defense Language Institute: Mandarin Chinese, A.A.
Rice University: Global Affairs, M.A.
Proxima Clinical Research , Inc., Houston, Texas
Business Development Associate II, Regulatory & Quality
Regulatory Associate II
Regulatory Affairs Consultant
United States Army Reserves, Houston, Texas
Civil Affairs Non-commissioned Officer
United States Army, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington and Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
Intelligence Non-commissioned Officer
United States Army, Monterey, California
Cryptologic Linguist & Intelligence Analyst
Mr. Lunsford has played an important role in the development of the following medical products:
- Medical Device- Non-invasive pediatric blood pressure monitor
- Medical Device- COVID-19 diagnostic
- Medical Device- Implanted pleural catheter
- Medical Device- Premature infant diabetes diagnostic
- Medical Device- Implanted gastric prosthesis
- Medical Device- Wearable health monitor
- Medical Device- Implanted neurogenic bladder treatment device
- Medical Device- Robotic laboratory assistant
- Medical Device- Wearable cardiac monitor
- Medical Device- Machine-learning CT scan evaluator
- Medical Device- Resorbable aortic stent
- Medical Device- Infant breastfeeding measurement device
- Medical Device- Intravascular oncological catheter
- Medical Device- Biomarker assessment software
- Medical Device- Wearable Cardiac Arrhythmia Monitor
- Medical Device- Pediatric aortic stent
Taylor Lunsford graduated with honors from the University of Houston, and with highest honors from the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center, the military’s language academy. He is currently enrolled in the Master of Global Affairs program at Rice University.
Taylor’s military decorations include the Army Commendation Medal, the Army Achievement Medal and the Overseas Service Ribbon.