University of North Carolina – Wilmington: Marine Biology, B.S.
Samantha Pickett is the Manager of Study Start-Up at Proxima Clinical Research, a contract research organization that serves the emerging drug and medical device industries.
Samantha has over 6 years of clinical research experience ranging from single site Phase I studies to large multi-site Phase III oncology, device, and rare disease studies. Prior to joining the Proxima team, Samantha was the Manager of Clinical Support Services and a Study Start-Up Specialist at Ergomed (previously MedSource) and an In-House CRA and a CTA at LabCorp Drug Development (previously Chiltern). While at Ergomed, Samantha played a key role in updating SOPs and globalizing company responsibilities and procedures. She successfully navigated multiple studies through the start-up phase and oversaw the implementation of TMF review processes. During her time at LabCorp Drug Development, Samantha worked directly with sites to implement specific recruitment strategies and ensure timely query resolution as well as working hand in hand with project managers to ensure day to day activities ran smoothly. Samantha graduated from the University of North Carolina – Wilmington with a Bachelor of Science degree in marine biology.
Positions and Honors:
Proxima Clinical Research, Inc., Houston, Texas
Study Start-Up Manager
Ergomed, Guildford, England
Clincal Support Services Manager
Study Start-Up Specialist
LabCorp Drug Development, Princeton, New Jersey
In-House Clinical Research Associate
Clinical Trial Administrator
Contributions to Science:
Ms. Pickett has played an important role in the development of the following medical products:
- Phase 3, Pivotal, Randomized, Open-label Study of Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) Concurrent With Standard of Care Therapies for Treatment of Stage 4 Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Following Platinum Failure. Examining 276 patients across 73 sites in the US and additional sites globally.
- Phase 3, Pivotal, Open-label, Randomized Study of Radiosurgery With or Without Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) for 1-10 Brain Metastases From Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC). Examining 270 patients across 50 sites in the US and additional sites globally.
- Phase 3, Effect of Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields, 150 kHz) as Front-Line Treatment of Locally-advanced Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma Concomitant With Gemcitabine and Nab-paclitaxel (PANOVA-3). Examining 556 patients across 57 sites in the US and additional sites globally.
- Phase 1-2 Study of ST101 in Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors. Examining 162 patients across 10 sites in the US and United Kingdom.
- Phase 2, study to Evaluate LTI-01 in Patients With Infected, Non-draining Pleural Effusions. Examining 160 patients in 38 sites across the US
- Phase 1, study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of ABL503, and to Determine the Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) and Recommended Phase 2 Dose (RP2D) of ABL503 in Subjects With Any Progressive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors. Examining 36 patients across 5 sites in the US.
- Phase 3, A Study of Brexanolone for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Due to COVID-19
- Phase 2, Open-label Study to Evaluate Nerindocianine as a Surgical Aid in Ureter Delineation During Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Healthy Volunteer studies
I like to decorate cakes.